Who has the brains and the brawn to rule them all? The 16 finalists in Nestlé’s BAR.ONE Manhunt have been announced, and all signs point to a tight contest as South Africa’s toughest men slug it out for victory on our TV screens.
Starting exclusively on SABC1 on Tuesday, 30 July 2013 at 21:00, the third season of this reality programme is poised to be more adrenaline-packed and thrill-laden than ever.
The 16 modern-day Hercules have been selected from across the country for their combination of strength and intelligence, following an intense auditions process.
The contest looks set to be a battle royale between Gauteng and the rest of the country, with nine of the 16 hailing from Johannesburg, Pretoria and surrounds. Four contestants are from Cape Town, two from KwaZulu Natal and one from East London – so will the coast produce the man with the most, or will it be victory for GP?
The contestants range in build from big and bulky to small and lean, but they all know that being buff and tough will only get them so far in this competition: they’ll need to man up and face the demanding challenges with as much mental stamina as physical prowess.
With occupations ranging from engineer to personal trainer, from policeman to filmmaker, they’re an eclectic bunch – and it’ll be interesting to see where the various friendships and rivalries develop.
The BAR.ONE Manhunt, hosted by actor and kwaito star Howza and filmed on location at various exotic local and international destinations, unfolds over 13 turbo-charged episodes, every Tuesday night at 21:00 on SABC1 from 30 July 2013.
Contestants will be pitting their skills, wits and endurance against each other in a bid to take home the handsome prizes including R500 000 in cash from Nestle, a Hilux Double Cab – DC 3.0 D4D RB Raider and a Yamaha Grizzly 300 quad bike sponsored by Bidvest.
The top 16 BAR.ONE Manhunt contestants are:
1. Fadeen Mia (29) from Benoni
2. Hilkia Jacobs (32) from Johannesburg
3. Jefferson Lan (23) from Oranjezicht, Cape Town
4. Johan Westervelt (27) from Centurion
5. Jonathan Jonkerman (32) from Durban
6. Kimo Abrahams (34) from Woodstock, Cape Town
7. Manqoba Kubheka (25) from Benoni
8. Oz Lupuwana (25) from Craighall Park, Johannesburg
9. Bongs Ndima (29) from Marshalltown, Johannesburg
10. Sibusiso Khomola-ka-James (21) from Morningside, Durban
11. Smith Mangena (37) from Soweto
12. Steven Michelsen (28) from Llandudno, Cape Town
13. Johannes Mapalakanye (28) from Kaalfontein, Midrand
14. Zwelandile Magaya (35) from Dorchester Heights, East London
15. Scotty Boyden (27) from Tamboerskloof, Cape Town
16. Teboho Malatola (24) from Vosloorus
BAR.ONE Manhunt is produced for Nestlé BAR.ONE by the powerhouse production company Rapid Blue.
Facebook: Lifestyle Tabloids